- Metric Ton/Metric Tons
- EDC , 1,2-Dichloroethane , Ethylene Di Chloride , Ethylene Dichloride
- Liquid Coating
- 2 Years
- 99.9 min.
Ethylene dichloride (EDC) is a clear, colourless, oily liquid with a sweet, pleasant chloroform-like odour. It is highly volatile, toxic, flammable and miscible with chlorinated hydrocarbons and most organic solvents. It reacts violently with aluminium, alkali metals, alkali amides, ammonia, bases, strong oxidants and attacks many metals in presence of water.
Around 95% of EDC is used inthe production of vinyl chloride monomer (VCM), nearly all of which goes intopolyvinyl chloride (PVC).
Other outlets for EDC are chlorinated solvents such as ethyleneamines, trichloroethylene, vinylidenechloride and trichloroethane. It is used as an intermediate in the production of perchloroethylene (tetrachloroethylene) and as a catalyst in hexachloropheneproduction.
EDC has been used as a solventin the textile, metal cleaning and adhesives industries. Solvent markets tendto be mature due to environmental pressures to reduce emissions and declining in the case of perchloroethylene.
- CAS No.: 107-06-2
- Mol.Formula : Cl-CH2- CH2-Cl
- Molecular weight : 98.96g/mol
- Appearance : EDC is a colorless liquid with amild odor
- Purity(wt %): 99.9 min.
- Acidity (as HCI)ppm,wt : 2 max.
- Water (1)ppm, wt : 150 max.
- Density (g/cc): 1.252
- Freezing point : -35C
- Boiling point : 83.5C
- Hs code : 29031500
- Letter of Credit (L/C), Letter of Credit at Sight (Sight L/C), Telegraphic Transfer (T/T)
- 200 Per Day
- 1 - 2 Week
- It is Non Hazardous Cargo. We provide 250 kgs packing in Drums with Shrink wrapped, Palatalized.
- All India
- ISO certified company and rated by Crisil - high in financial
Head Office: A Wing 332 and 311, Antophill Warehousing, Salt Pan Road, Wadala East Mumbai Maharashtra India +918037301859